[arrakistor at gmail.com: Wikipedia & Tor]

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 27 07:51:33 PDT 2005

What's the problem here? The Wikipedia guy sees lots of garbage coming out
of IP address set {X} so he blocks said address set. Somewhat regrettable
but no suprise, is it?

On the other hand, doesn't it seem a little -odd- that the Tor network is
already being "used" in this way? Granted, even I the great Tyler Durden was
able to get a Tor client up-and-running, but I find it suspicious that this
early wave of Tor users also happen to have a high % of vandals...something
stinks.

A very subtle attack, perhaps? If I were so-and-so, I consider it a real
coup to stop the kinds of legitimate Wikipedia entries that might be made
from Tor users. And if this is the case, you can bet that there are other
"obvious" targets that have been hammered through Tor.

In other words, someone said, "Two can play at this game."

-TD