[arrakistor at gmail.com: Wikipedia & Tor]

Roy M. Silvernail roy at rant-central.com
Tue Sep 27 07:02:09 PDT 2005

Quoting Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org>:

> ----- Forwarded message from Arrakis Tor <arrakistor at gmail.com> -----

> This is a conversation with Jimmy Wales regarding how we can get
> Wikipedia to let Tor get through.

> I completely fail to comprehend why Tor server operators consistently
> refuse to take responsibility for their crazed users.

On one hand, this shows a deep misunderstanding of Tor and its purposes. On the
other, I remain disappointed in the number of vandals that take advantage of
Tor and other anonymizing services. On the gripping hand, perhaps the Wiki
philosophy is flawed.
--
Roy M. Silvernail is roy at rant-central.com, and you're not
"It's just this little chromium switch, here." - TFT