Wired on "Secrecy Power Sinks Patent Case"

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 26 18:36:05 PDT 2005

Nah...it wasn't half a million. It was a hell of a lot more, I suspect. Even
a standard SC or APC connector cost $50 in those days, and from what I
suspect this would be MUCH much more than that, and probably formed just one
piece of a larger contract.

The odd thing about this case was that the judge ruled in favor of
Lucent...the government wasn't even directly involved. Lucent made a ton of
profit which this poor bastard didn't get dime one from. That's a lot
different then allowing the government to use your IP.

-TD