The ghost of Cypherpunks

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Mon Sep 19 19:59:52 PDT 2005

    --
From:           	ken <bbrow07 at students.bbk.ac.uk>
> Assuming that you mean feminism is a variant of
> Marxism, what exactly do you mean by Marxism?

Marxism reinterpreted history as class war, though in
fact workers tended to cooperate with bosses and make
war on competing workers, and similarly for capitalists.
Marxism also reinterpreted the doctrine of inevitable
progress as leading to a "classless" utopia, though
somehow the intellectuals would be more equal than
others in that utopia - note Marx's contemptuous and
snobbish mistreatment of actual workers, and the
striking lack of contact that Marx and Engles had with
actual workers.  Engles writings about the condition of
the working class in England are based entirely on what
one can see through the window of a coach and four
horses while being driven from a luncheon party to a
dinner party.

Since we had inevitable progress, the past necessarily
had to be demonized and made alien, and the further back
it went, the greater the demonization and more strange
and alien the past had to be, requiring an ever greater
rewrite of history.

Well time passed, and actual proletarians never showed
much enthusiasm for the war effort, so by and by
Marxists started looking for new wars, pouring the old
wine into new bottles, the old wine being leadership by
enlightened intellectuals, group warfare justifying the
most horrifying misconduct, massive rewrites of history,
and synchronized lying ("I heard this from the three
different people, so it must be true") - and of course,
far from oppressed intellectuals supposedly identifying
themselves with distant groups they don't like very
much.  Observe all the diesel dyke feminists supposedly
passionately seeking to protect attractive heterosexual
women from date rape.

These various isms are not marxism, not exactly, but
they bare a striking resemblance to their parent.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     JTnG7EwKWGBKCLMjy9fEelUGWOaNVelhzQKnyKWj
     4KYcVP6IOe2k/gw1LLqwMfH5ioyRfGUAvNrJFj/2o