The ghost of Cypherpunks

Steve Furlong demonfighter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 09:57:37 PDT 2005

On 9/19/05, James A. Donald <jamesd at echeque.com> wrote:
> like Ben and Jerry's rainforest crunch, where by buying
> overpriced and extra fattening icecream, you were
> supposedly saving the rainforest and preserving
> indigenous cultures .

--shrug-- It's better than directly contributing to most "causes". At
least this way you get some ice cream for your money.

(I've done a lot of IT consulting for a lot of not-for-profits in the
US, most notably on their accounting systems. I haven't expressly
pried into the numbers, but I kept my eyes open and couldn't help but
notice that the overhead consumption was uniformly really high. And in
the case of the charities and the PACs, the overhead numbers reported
by the accounting system were generally much higher than those given
in the annual disclosures.)

--
There are no bad teachers, only defective children.