The ghost of Cypherpunks

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Sep 17 00:52:00 PDT 2005

    --
From:           	ken <bbrow07 at students.bbk.ac.uk>
> Do you really think that politics only exists where
> there is a state?  I'd have thought the opposite is
> true. Most states actively prevent most people
> participating in politics.

The more authoritarian the state, the more in compells
people to participate in politics, making eveything they
do or think political, for example the endless meetings
in Cuba and Mao's china,

> Where there is no state everyone is a politician, all
> the time, and all public acts are overtly political.

So when I buy coffee, that is political?

Surely the non state area of our lives is the non
political area of our lives.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     OHqLH7EFCEVGI5CkHzpWzDH3Iyd7w5T1TSE3dyUB
     4HvAcBSrD8JQfPtYDs3hHfuCbQWprTcJhov+r6b1+