Tor Webhosting?

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 16 19:16:32 PDT 2005

A few more Tor questions..

Are there yet commercial Tor web hosters? How much would this cost vs
hosting one's own node? Since I assume the website actually resides on a
single node, there is the slight problem of the node owner knowing, at
least, that he had been paid to host X sites, on such-and-such dates...not
optimal of course but not everyone in the world is going to want to run a
Tor node just to put a site up (like me).

Also, there -is- a one-to-one mapping between Tor nodes and Tor-hosted
sites, no? It's not like a site is cryptographically split into
quasi-redundant pieces, placed on random servers, and then assembled on the
fly when there's a request, right? Can Tor support such a thing in the
future? (eg, Website file A is split into N partially redudant pieces and
sent to N servers...the website can still be retrieved from any M pieces,
where N<=M.)

-TD