Fwd: Re: MIT talk: Special-Purpose Hardware for Integer Factoring

R.A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Fri Sep 16 13:05:44 PDT 2005

At 11:34 AM -0700 9/16/05, Bill Stewart wrote:
>>So, I saw this here at Farquhar Street at 14:55EST, jumped in the shower,
>>thus missing the train 13:20 train at Rozzy Square :-), instead took the
                         ^^^^^
>>bus, and then the T, and got to MIT's New Funny-Looking Building about
>>16:40 or so, and saw the last few slides, asking the first, and only,
>>question, because the grad-students shot out of there at relativistic
>>velocity, probably so they wouldn't miss their dinner, or something...

Time travel aside (okay, innumeracy aside, some state-school philosophy
majors can't count, either...), if I'm a reporter, this is "new
journalism", since most of the missive is about *wonderful* *ME*...

:-)

Cheers,
RAH
Who reminds people that sentences that begin "The upshot, to me,", et. al.,
are usually committing the informal fallacy of relativism anyway...But
enough about me, what do *you* think about me...
--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA