No subject

David Farber dave at farber.net
Mon Sep 12 12:53:09 PDT 2005

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Marc <marcaniballi at hotmail.com>
> Date: September 12, 2005 12:24:05 PM EDT
> To: dave at farber.net
> Subject: RE: [IP] eBay to Acquire Skype
>
> Dave;
>
> Can anyone on IP project what sort of US regulatory exposure this
> will place upon Skype? I have my suspicions, but I would prefer the
> opinions of those more immersed in the field.

Well...  Based on eBay's stated "privacy" policy, this will open up pen
tracing to LEOs with just a phone call at the least.

At the worst, Skype users will soon be getting new software that allows
LEOs to backdoor skype crypto and get free access to those phone calls
(also based on eBay's stated "privacy policy"...)