packet traffic analysis

Travis H. solinym at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 23:15:02 PST 2005

> Modes that are based on a small window of previous plaintext, such as
> OFB, would be vulnerable too.

My mistake, OFB does not have this property.  I thought there was a
common mode with this property, but it appears that I am mistaken.

If it makes you feel any better, you can consider the PRNG the
encryption of constant text, perhaps using the real datastream as some
kind of IV.  The content of the chaff is not relevant; ideally you
would use a high-bandwidth HWRNG such as Quantis.
--
http://www.lightconsulting.com/~travis/  -><-
"We already have enough fast, insecure systems." -- Schneier & Ferguson