Publicizing Hidden Services

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Sun Oct 23 20:41:20 PDT 2005

On Sun, Oct 23, 2005 at 11:17:56PM -0400, phobos at rootme.org wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 23, 2005 at 10:37:54PM -0300, mlthorne at gmail.com wrote 2.3K
bytes in 57 lines about:
> : It would probably work (publishing of hidden services I mean) if it was a
> : voluntary thing. Like having a central place for people to leave a link
and
> : general desc. would be nice...
>
> 	http://4ha7nlx3shi5gcty.onion/

And the more canonical one is

http://6sxoyfb3h2nvok2d.onion/tor/
which is linked from
http://tor.eff.org/cvs/tor/doc/tor-hidden-service.html
but could also be helpfully linked from overview.html and
documentation.html (which was why this thread started).

I've just linked them more loudly from both of these places. Let
me know if you think that helps.

I couldn't actually access the one phobos provided. Which leads to the
more important point -- we need to work on speed and reliability of
hidden services before we try to make them more popular. That's on the
todo list, but it's pretty far down the list at this point, at least
until somebody with funding decides that this is important to them.

--Roger

----- End forwarded message -----