Practical Security Mailing List

R.A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Thu Oct 20 11:47:22 PDT 2005

--- begin forwarded text

 Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 17:06:08 +0200
 To: cryptography at metzdowd.com
 From: Hagai Bar-El <info at hbarel.com>
 Sender: owner-cryptography at metzdowd.com

 Hello,

 I would like to notify you all of a new mailing list forum which I
 opened. It is called "Practical Security" and is aimed at discussing
 security measures in the context of real problems in real projects.
 It has a much narrower scope than the Cryptography mailing list and
 by no means intends to replace it or to compete with it.

  From the mailing list info page:

 This forum discusses applications of cryptographic protocols as well
 as other security techniques, such as (but not limited to) methods
 for authentication, data protection, reverse-engineering protection,
 denial-of-service protection, and digital rights management. The
 forum also discusses implementation pitfalls to avoid. This forum
 does not discuss theoretical and/or mathematical aspects of
 cryptography. Neither does the forum discuss particular
 vulnerabilities of commercial products, such as what one may find in BugTraq.
 Joining this mailing list is especially recommended to professionals
 who design security systems and to application designers who are also
 responsible for the security aspects of their products.

 I confess that at the moment of writing the list has just a few
 participants, but I project that it will grow much larger.

 blank message to practicalsecurity-subscribe at hbarel.com.

 Regards,
 Hagai.