Judy Miller needing killing

Gil Hamilton gil_hamilton at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 19 12:59:18 PDT 2005

> > On 10/19/05, Chris Clymer <cclymer at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > You're just trolling, right?
[snip]
> > Major Variola (ret.) wrote:
> >
> >>So this dupe/spy/wannabe journalist thinks that journalists
> >>should be *special*.. how nice.  Where in the 1st amendment is the class
> >>journalists mentioned?   She needs a WMD enema.

The problem is that reporters want to be made into a special class of people
that don't have to abide by the same laws as the rest of us.  Are you a
reporter?  Am I?  Is the National Inquirer?  How about Drudge?  What about
bloggers?  Which agency will you have to apply to in order to get a
Journalism License?  And will this License to Report entitle one to ignore
subpoenas from federal grand juries?

Reporters should have no rights the rest of us don't have.  It's hard to
imagine the framers of the constitution approving an amendment that said
freedom of the press is granted to all those who first apply for and receive
permission from the government.

GH