Iraq Stories

Peter Thoenen eol1 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 15 12:32:04 PST 2005

--- Anonymous Sender <anonymous at remailer.metacolo.com> wrote:

> 3) The M9 Beretta 9mm: Mixed bag. Good gun, performs well in desert
> environment; but they all hate the 9mm cartridge. The use of handguns
> for self-defense is actually fairly common. Same old story on the 9mm:
> Bad guys hit multiple times and still in the fight.

Actually the M16 and M4 also suffer from this exact same problem in closer
quarters.  The 5.56 just doesn't cut it when Haji is taking a point blank death
shot at you.  As a result, most of the spec op, merc, and secret squirrel crowd
is using a variety of 7.62 weapons to included looted AK's.

What is even worse is the 9mm SMG's (for example, the modify DoE M4) ... talk
about useless.

"I think everyone understands that it's getting better every day.  Or course, every nation that's got IEDS and drive-by shootings and suicide bombers definitely got some security issues" -LTC Gibler, Mosul, IQ 05MAY30

You Think?