[Clips] Feds mull regulation of quantum computers

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sun Nov 13 09:25:10 PST 2005

On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 12:15:17PM -0500, Tyler Durden wrote:

> Seems to me we don't even need to bother thinking about Quantum Computers
> until they can fab components that operate at room temperature. That's not

It would be good to have nontrivial qubit assemblies at all in in
*solid state*. I don't think anyone has QC working yet. It's not
obvious it is at all usable, even for number factoring (entangling
and keeping entangled a large qubit constellation, error correction, suitable
QC algorithms, etc). Does at all elliptical curve crypto map well to QC?