[Clips] The "Other" Ester: Anonymity-- Here Today, Gone Tomorrow

Jonathan Thornburg jthorn at aei.mpg.de
Tue Nov 8 02:58:22 PST 2005

> <http://www.release1-0.com/freshproduce/article.cfm?serialnum=FRP200511042301>
>

> Anonymity: Here Today, Gone Tomorrow
> Esther Dyson
>
> It's ironic that the Web once seemed to promise individuals new
> opportunities to explore the world without showing their face. Instead, it
> is turning out to be a powerful force against anonymity.
[[...]]

Am I the only one that finds it ironic that
(a) this site wanted to set a cookie, and
(b) it wants a registration to show me more than the first paragraph?

No thanks -- my policy is not to view "free" stories that require
registration.

ciao,

--
-- "Jonathan Thornburg -- remove -animal to reply" <jthorn at aei.mpg-zebra.de>
    Max-Planck-Institut fuer Gravitationsphysik (Albert-Einstein-Institut),