privacy vs. transparency

Major Variola (ret) mv at cdc.gov
Fri Nov 4 20:54:24 PST 2005

When I was canned by my company, which was acquired
by a Wash. state company, I received a list of folks
positions, ages, and whether canned or not.

>From this, and little additional constraint, I was able
to reverse-engineer (aka, data-mine) the ages of all of my
colleages.  They were quite surprised when, at a
group lunch therafter, I was able to peg their ages
exactly.

Amusing privacy unintended-consequence of Wash state's
age-discrim laws.

So much for "privacy" as protected by the state.

---
Impeach or frag.