/. [GPS-tracked Clothing]

Justin justin-cypherpunks at soze.net
Sun May 29 12:28:59 PDT 2005

On 2005-05-29T18:46:43+0200, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> Link: http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/05/29/1547234
> Posted by: CmdrTaco, on 2005-05-29 16:07:00
>
>    from the finally-i-have-to-ask-why dept.
>    [1]Anil Kandangath writes "A Japanese firm has shown off new
>    technology that enables GPS units to be embedded [2]in clothing that
>    will enable the wearer to be tracked continuously. The device is thin
>    enough to be tacked on unobtrusively and is powered by a thin watch
>    battery.

As opposed to a thick watch battery?

>    It is also capable of taking biometric measurements and
>    [3]transmitting them PCs and handheld devices.

Is that english?  I don't think the device transmits PCs and handheld
devices to biometric measurements.

>    Though marketed as a device to enable people to keep track of
>    spouses, how long before such technology becomes intrusive in our
>    lives?" Like tracking your spouse is ok?. What a world!

I know that isn't english, and it's only marginally coherent.

I would much rather read a summary written by someone literate.

> References
>
>    1. http://www.ecogito.net/anil

I don't see it.

>    2. http://forgetmenotpanties.contagiousmedia.org/
>    3. http://forgetmenotpanties.contagiousmedia.org/sensatech.html

Uh huh.  This looks like a joke or a scam.  Even if it's not, I have a
hard time believing that a girlfriend/wife/daughter is not going to
notice that in her panties, and I doubt sufficiently miniaturized GPS
receivers could be made for so little money.

Perhaps that's why Anil seems to have removed the entry in his blog?

Do you now understand why I hate redistribution of slashdot stories?

--
Unable to correct the source of the indignity to the Negro, [the Phoenix,
AZ public accommodations law prohibiting racial discrimination] redresses