Jesus Christ Meets "Your Papers Please" (fwd)

Justin justin-cypherpunks at soze.net
Tue May 10 12:19:06 PDT 2005

On 2005-05-10T08:53:31-0500, J.A. Terranson wrote:
> If you think this is stupid, just wait till the "Real ID Act" takes
> effect.

There is already a Jesus Christ living in D.C.  If it's legal for
someone named Jesus Christ to move to D.C., it should be legal for a
D.C. resident or no-longer resident to change his name to Jesus Christ.
It's not technically an equal protection issue, but it strikes me as
being some sort of discrimination.  That doesn't stop a lot of states
from passing discriminatory laws, though, as long as the particular
discrimination being sought isn't listed in the CRA.

Jesus Christ - (202) 543-9498 - , Washington, DC 20001

and other states:

Jesus Christ - (310) 458-9440 - 1328 Euclid St, Santa Monica, CA 90404
Jesus A Christ - (207) 374-2175 - 19 Harborview Ct, Blue Hill, ME 04614

This may be the Jesus Christ in question:
Jesus Christ - (304) 897-7727 - , Lost City, WV 26810

> http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/05/10/jesus.lawsuit.ap/index.html
>
> Jesus Christ in legal battle to get license
>
> Tuesday, May 10, 2005 Posted: 7:58 AM EDT (1158 GMT)
>
> CHARLESTON, West Virginia (AP) -- Even Jesus Christ can't circumvent the
> rules for getting a driver's license in West Virginia.

> Described by his attorney as a white-haired businessman in his mid-50s,
> Christ is moving to West Virginia to enjoy a slower lifestyle. He bought
> property near Lost River, about 100 miles west of Washington, and has a
> U.S. passport, Social Security card and Washington driver's license
> bearing the name Jesus Christ.
>
> But he still falls short of West Virginia title and license transfer
> requirements because his Florida birth certificate has his original name
> on it and he has been unable to obtain an official name change in
> Washington.

I don't understand this.  Washington D.C. doesn't handle birth
certificates for people born in Florida.  All of his federal
documentation lists Jesus Christ as his name.  Why is the problem in
D.C.?  It seems to me to be a little late for the brainless in
Washington to try to put a lid on this.  They should have done that when
he got his SS card, passport, or driver's license.

I'm somewhat interested in how he got his SS card, passport, and drivers
license in a different name than was on his birth certificate.  If he's
only been using the name for 17 years, that puts both acquisitions at
1988 or later.  Maybe decades before that it would have been possible,
but how could he have gotten away with it so recently?