[Politech] Customs-proofing your laptop: Staying safe at border searches [priv] (fwd from declan at well.com)

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Wed May 4 05:44:21 PDT 2005

I checked out those links...hilarious! Check this out (remember, this gal is
running for Senator of Alabama!):

>On the way to the hotel my cab driver, having heard the conversation
>with the Border Guard, expressed an interest in learning more about my
>work. So I filled him in as much as I could in the few minutes we had
>left. When we arrived at the hotel I had expected to meet my ride who
>had the cab fare, pay the cabbie and embark on my weekend adventure.

She hadn't even brought cab fare, and was expecting another pot head to show
up with it!!!

>However, my ride got a little lost and hadnt made it to our designated
>meeting point yet. I called the cell number I was given but got voicemail.
>I didnt have my credit card on me so I couldnt pay the cabbie.
>He decides that he will wait with me for a little bit and we continue
>our conversation about pot and drug policy.

She went to a foriegn country without cab fare or a credit card! And now the
guy with the money (another pot-smoker) is late, and she's suprised!!!

I'm starting to wonder if this is a hoax.

It IS funny, though.

-TD