AP For Starvation Judge

Steve Schear s.schear at comcast.net
Mon Mar 28 17:50:40 PST 2005

At 10:35 PM 3/26/2005, Eric Cordian wrote:
>That which we may do to ourselves, if we are functioning, exceeds that
>which we may require others to do to us if we are not.  I can deny myself
>food, water, and air, for instance.  I cannot instruct others to deny me
>those things if I am rendered incapable of making my own decisions.

Of course you can.  That's what living wills and powers of attorney, etc.
are for.  But because we cannot assure that our nominees will do our
bidding, what's really needed is assurance policies in which you contract
for your demise.  The 'payout' is triggered if you fail to contact your
agent at regular intervals.  Miss two appointments and a 'wet worker' is
dispatched

Steve