AP For Starvation Judge

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Sat Mar 26 23:38:25 PST 2005

At 10:35 PM 3/26/2005, Eric Cordian wrote:
>Justin writes:
> > She is a corpse with a heartbeat.

They want her dead, but don't have the guts to just kill her,
so they're going to dehydrate her to death instead
and pretend it's "natural", because she can't feed herself.

It's a nasty way to go if you're not in bad health,
though it seems to be popular with disabled old people
who want to commit suicide in nursing homes
and don't have alternatives.

>I think we have to divide things we do for disabled people into "care" and
>"heroic medical measures."  I consider a feeding tube to fall into the
>former category.

I agree with you there, though for many people that seems to be
the crux of the issue.