AP For Starvation Judge

Eric Cordian emc at artifact.psychedelic.net
Sat Mar 26 20:05:14 PST 2005

Justin writes:

> If the judge's decision had been the opposite, there might be a bounty
> on his head for that, too.

Somehow letting someone who has lived 15 years with a significant brain
injury live out the rest of their normal life span just doesn't provoke
people the same way dehydrating and starving them does.

> If you're saying that fundie Christians are more pathologically violent
> than either the areligous or the more progressive religious, I'd agree
> there.

I don't believe in the existence of a supernatural, but I certainly
wouldn't take water and food away from any human with a functioning brain
stem, particularly when there are people to whom that person's life has
meaning, and who are willing to provide them with care.

The interesting political lesson here is that one stubborn judge, and his
pals who band together to support him, can defy the will of the President
of the United States, the Governor of the State of Florida, and a majority
of both houses of Congress.

Of the three equal branches of government, the unelected branch is more
equal than the other two.  Of course, we've known that since Marbury vs
Madison.

--
Eric Michael Cordian 0+