WiFi Launcher?

Damian Gerow dgerow at afflictions.org
Fri Mar 25 12:19:36 PST 2005

Thus spake Tyler Durden (camera_lumina at hotmail.com) [25/03/05 15:06]:
: >Thus spake Tyler Durden (camera_lumina at hotmail.com) [25/03/05 10:30]:
: >: Has anyone heard of a utility that can search for a WiFi hotspot while
: >: driving and then launch an email?
:
: I noticed you did a little editing! Sigh. Few can stand in the light for
: very long, save the various beautiful women that clamor to spread my DNA...

Editing?  I don't follow.  All I may have edited was the formatting.

: >Someone once said, "Cypherpunks write code."
:
: Yes but I'd amend this to say, "Cypherpunks in the process of becoming
: economically successful probably don't have time to write code but others
: can sure feel free to try..."

...  Well put.

: >Given that there already exists utilities that detect WiFi networks and map
: >them with GPS units, I don't think it would take much to, at that point,
: >run, say, 'postfix start && postqueue -f'.  Or perhaps mixmaster/mixminion
: >might be more appropriate.
: >
: >It sounds not only possible, but plausible.  And I'd be surprised if
: >someone
: >didn't already have this working somewhere.
:
: These days one has to act very quickly in order to create something
: original. The question is, will a TLA do it first and post it, along with a
: TINY little ID tag?

I'd do it myself, but I have neither laptop nor wireless networks to test it
on.

Until then, I'll throw it on my "List of Nifty Ideas to Develop".