ZipLip ends secure email service

Steve Schear s.schear at comcast.net
Tue Mar 8 02:31:59 PST 2005

"Thank you for using ZipLip's free secure mail service. We appreciate your
patronage and wish to inform you that we will be discontinuing our service
on June 30th, 2005. For various reasons, including new U.S. legislation
which significantly impacts the individual's privacy rights, ZipLip is no
longer able to provide its free secure email services with any reasonable
assurance of privacy and security, particularly in the context of a hosted
service. We will revisit the service issue when our legislature reinstates
our privacy rights.

Please make the necessary arrangements to use another Webmail service
before June 30th. We are unable to offer any data migration services. We
sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. "

https://www.ziplip.com/ps/PmApp/zlp_dummy?mgc=1&NextPage=/app/services/en/register.jsp