I'll show you mine if you show me, er, mine

Whyte, William WWhyte at ntru.com
Thu Mar 3 19:24:24 PST 2005

I haven't read the original paper, and I have a great deal of
respect for Markus Jakobsson. However, techniques that establish
that the parties share a weak secret without leaking that secret
have been around for years -- Bellovin and Merritt's DH-EKE,
David Jablon's SPEKE. And they don't require either party to
send the password itself at the end.

William