Private Homes may be taken for public good

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 28 10:39:02 PDT 2005

>What the hell are all of you smoking?  This court has *talked* about
>restricting inappropriate use of the commerce clause, but when it comes to
>*doing*, they're 100% behind 100% Federal expansion *through* the Commerce
>clause.
>
>Doesn't anyboy actually LOOK at whats going on anymore, or are we all
>fixated on what these slimballs *say*?

Well, ya' gotta a point there. Actually, I WISH I were smoking something.

But "saying" is at some point important. At least, prior to this a number of
individual landholders might have been able to work together (ie, amass
legal funds) to prevent the bulldozement of their properties by The Donald
or whoever else's mouth has been watering recently. Now it just comes down
to who can buy more guns: the poor or rich guys & their hired hands (ie,
local government).

Also, it will probably end up being a kind of turning point. Now, knowing
what the SC has decided, there are lots of plans going to drawing boards
that have nice big fat red X's over low-income dwellings..."Don't worry
about the new Brooklyn stadium, we'll just set off the ED roach bomb and
clear 'em all out of there."

-TD