Private Homes may be taken for public good

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 23 10:35:37 PDT 2005

Yeah, but this steps crosses a line, I think. Before, your home could be
taken for a public project. Now, the supreme court has ruled that your home
can be taken for a "public project" that consists entirely of private
development, in the name of the "public good", which is supposed to equal
higher tax revenues.

What this equates to is, whoever had more money than you can take away your
home. Previously, it was just the occasional men-with-guns that could do
this, but now they effectively have proxies everywhere.

-TD