SPKI Certs Usage

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Fri Jun 3 01:25:32 PDT 2005

Jay Listo <jay.listo at gmail.com> writes:

>I am also not aware of any products or PKIs that use SPKI certs.  I would
>really appreciate if someone could refer me to instances of actual usage of
>SPKI certs.

They were never really used.  The great feature of SPKI is that it's not X.509
(so it's a design fit for a purpose rather than being digital ancestor-
worship of failed OSI standards from the 1980s).  The great failing of SPKI is
that it's not X.509 (it's impossible to get any cert mechanism accepted unless
it's called X.509).

Peter.