/. [Intel Adds DRM to New Chips]

DiSToAGe distoage at sbbi.net
Thu Jun 2 13:44:33 PDT 2005

interesting talk about economic elements ...

I believe that in every human new work (new creation, or new hack), the
men who make the work do things to help others make the work faster and
easier. So with time, if a few people can hack some drm machine, it will
be more easier and more cheaper for others to make the same thing. And
in economic with time the price of goods goes down. So in the beginning
perhaps the drm system will be good because too expensive to hack for
main people. But with price falling and methods easier to do, more
poeple will do it. And begin to share hacked files to others. So the
parallel "black market" of illegal files will rise again. So with times
people macking the drm stuff must either change it, or make it more
complexe to rise the price again ... But it seems that the time to
dismount a system is quicker than the time to change or make a new
one ... except if you make a big structural change ...

Le jeudi 02 juin 2005 ` 11:34 -0400, John Kelsey a icrit :

--
"Perhaps one day "computer science" will, like Yugoslavia, get broken up
into its component parts. That might be a good thing. Especially if it