SPKI Certs Usage

Jay Listo jay.listo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 03:42:22 PDT 2005

I've been wondering about the feasibility of using SPKI certs.  I quite
like some of the features (delegation) and relative ease of
implementation (compared to X.509 certs)...of course, readability of
certs could go a long way to helping end-users evaluate for themselves
the trustworthiness of the cert.

While pgp certs could probably be a good alternative (given the existing
user base and infrastructure)....even though lacking in the ability to
delegate.

However, I'm a little wary since at the moment there seem to be just a
few sources of info or proponents (even though their arguments seem
convincing to me) when it comes to SPKI.

I am also not aware of any products or PKIs that use SPKI certs.  I
would really appreciate if someone could refer me to instances of actual
usage of SPKI certs.