Well, they got what they want...

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 25 07:05:52 PDT 2005

John Kelsey wrote...

>I think the reality is a bit different.  The random searches
>won't keep someone who's planning an attack from trying to
>carry it out, but it may delay their attack, if they made
>plans based on the old security setup, not the new one.  It
>may also convince them to shift the attack to a new target.
>
>--John

Well, I think even this is rather optimistic.
This morning I took the LIRR into Penn Station, where random searches were
being performed (I didn't actually see one). The silly damn thing is that
the searches are done -there-, in Penn Station, rather than at the outlying
stations. "Is that a b-o-m-b, sir?" "Sure is"...KABOOM. And down comes
Madison Square Garden and a major transportation hub.

And for this silly shit we sacrificed our civil rights?