Paintball "Terrorist" Sentenced

Eric Cordian emc at artifact.psychedelic.net
Wed Jul 13 09:16:55 PDT 2005

I'd just like to say that the American troops who carried out Bush's
illegal war in Iraq, which killled 100,000 Iraqi civilians, are war
criminals, and I'd like to encourage all of AmeriKKKa's victims to capture
them and bake them in pies, after forcing them to bark like dogs and poop
themselves.

Now, is that worth life in prison?  Only in a police state.  In a real
democracy whose citizens are free, it's protected political speech.  Too
bad AmeriKKKa isn't one of those.

Fuck Bush.

This, by the way, in case you can't read through the inflammatory bullshit
in the wireservice story, was the case of some individuals who were deemed
to have engaged in a conspiracy to wage war against the US, because in
addition to being Islamic, and denouncing Bush's war, they played
paintball.

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-ap-terror-paintball-sentence,0,4274092.story

-----

ALEXANDRIA, Va. -- A prominent U.S.-based Islamic scholar who exhorted his
followers after the Sept. 11 attacks to join the Taliban and fight U.S.
troops was sentenced Wednesday to life in prison.

Ali al-Timimi of Fairfax was convicted in April of soliciting others to
levy war against the United States, inducing others to aid the Taliban,
and inducing others to use firearms in violation of federal law.

The cleric addressed the court for 10 minutes before his sentencing. "I
will not admit guilt nor seek the court's mercy. I do this simply because
I am innocent," al-Timimi said.

The cleric addressed the court for 10 minutes before his sentencing. "I
will not admit guilt nor seek the court's mercy. I do this simply because
I am innocent," al-Timimi said.

Prosecutors said the defendant, a native U.S. citizen who has an
international following in some Muslim circles, wielded enormous influence
among a group of young Muslim men in northern Virginia who played
paintball games in 2000 and 2001. Authorities said they were a "Virginia
jihad network" training for holy war around the globe.

Eric Michael Cordian 0+