The Nazification Of America ("Show Me Your Papers" - Day 1)

Duncan Frissell frissell at
Tue Jul 5 12:51:11 PDT 2005

Fine, I'll just order the birth certificate and get it over with, right?

Wrong.  New York wants affirmative proof of identity for a copy now:
passport or your [missing] original birth certificate.  Anyone else
see a circular problem here?

Identification Requirements - application must be submitted with copies of 
either A or B:
    * One (1) of the following forms of valid photo-ID:
        * Driver license
        * Non-Driver Photo-ID Card
        * Passport
        * Employment ID
    * Two (2) of the following showing the applicant's name and address:
        * Utility or telephone bills
        * Letter from a government agency dated within the last six (6) months
Employment ID (like school ID) can be issued by anyone since anyone in 
America can employ or teach others.  If you want to be fancy, pick up one 
of these.


More information about the cypherpunks-legacy mailing list