Plame != Palme :-) Re: Palme revealed by... Karl Rove!

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Sat Jul 2 22:14:12 PDT 2005

You're mixing up assassinating a president with
treason performed for revenge and crude political gain.

At 11:56 AM 7/2/2005, J.A. Terranson wrote:
>5000 Quatloos that nobody thinks this is (a) impeachment material, or (b)
>prosecutable since it was done by Rove...

It's only impeachable if Bush knew and couldn't justify
his lack of response as executive privilege.
I'd assume his handlers have a standing agreement of
plausible deniability for that sort of thing.

As far as prosecutable goes, it'd sure be fun to watch,
unless of course there's another runaway bride
or dead puppy or somebody burns a flag on July 4th
or the comet blows up real good
or whatever else it takes to distract the public for 15 minutes.