Gripes About Airport Security Grow Louder

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 25 10:31:12 PST 2005

>If, in a capital case, where the money to pay public defenders
>is usually maximally available, and the appeals process, checks,
>and cross-checks are the more thorough than in any non-capital
>prosecution, you STILL get at least a 33% error rate, then what
>is the wrongfull conviction rate in non-capital cases, where there
>are far fewer appeals, and public defenders are paid a pittance?"

And of course there's the fairly obvious point that lots of those in prison
"correctly" are there for drug-related "crimes". Said crimes would almost
completely dissappear and drug usage would drop if many of those drugs were
legalized and taxed. But God forbid that happen because what would all those
policemen do for a living? Prison workers? Judges?

-TD