Scientific American on Quantum Encryption

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 20 08:38:47 PST 2005

Well, I think you've been a little too harsh on Scientific American. In the
past a lot of the best articles were written by the pioneers in their
fields. In fact, it's where I believe Wittfield and Diffie wrote a great
piece on their work.

And don't expect anyone (not even a math major) to go grab a quantum
mechanics textbook and be able to get anything out of it. One would really
need to have done the classical coursework in order to understand it (or at
least to know enough to be spurised by it). And if you don't have the math
then forget about it. Meanwhile, it IS possible to write intelligently on
quantum entanglement, EPR and Aharnov-Bohm, and it's been done by Sci-Am,
Penrose, Kaku and plenty of others.

-TD