California Bans a Large-Caliber Gun, and the Battle Is On

Justin justin-cypherpunks at soze.net
Sat Jan 8 18:46:56 PST 2005

On 2005-01-08T12:54:25-0500, Tyler Durden wrote:
> >What else would the PATRIOT act do?  That's a particularly malicious

That was scarcasm.

> >psychological trick on the part of the miserable bastards who named it.
> >It doesn't so much matter that it's obvious.
>
> Somehow, I don't think the bastards were hoping for the kind of
> "Patriotism" I have in mind: Large caliber guns to protect our
> constitutional freedoms, or at least to make it damn costly for individuals
> to carry out orders trying to take them away.

It's the socially conservative public at large who have fallen prey to
the association between the PATRIOT act and patriotism.  I did not
intend to suggest that you or most other cypherpunks members have.

--
"War is the father and king of all, and some he shows as gods, others as men; some he makes slaves, others free." -Heraclitus 53