How to Stop Junk E-Mail: Charge for the Stamp

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Tue Feb 15 21:38:20 PST 2005

Barry Shein <bzs at world.std.com> writes:

>Eventually email will just collapse (as it's doing) and the RBOCs et al will
>inherit it and we'll all be paying 15c per message like their SMS services.

And the spammers will be using everyone else's PC's to send out their spam, so
the spam problem will still be as bad as ever but now Joe Sixpack will be
paying to send it.

Hmmm, and maybe *that* will finally motivate software companies, end users,
ISPs, etc etc, to fix up software, systems, and usage habits to prevent this.

Peter.