U.S. Said to Pay Iraq Contractors in Cash

Ryan Lackey ryan at venona.com
Mon Feb 14 12:44:10 PST 2005

Everyone does this openly over here.  Anything less than $500k or so
isn't even worth thinking about, since as a kidnap victim, you're sold
for about that much.

I really don't see why it's worthy of an article.

I've been buying cash from other contractors, as well as providing
cash on a short-term loan or wire basis, and these activities are
common as well.

It would be a good environment to deploy various electronic payment
systems, but nothing is really up to snuff for the kind of things
people do here -- large sums, and making purchases from existing
online vendors.

--
Ryan Lackey [RL960-RIPE AS24812]   ryan at venona.com   +1 800 723 0127
OpenPGP DH 4096: B8B8 3D95 F940 9760 C64B   DE90 07AD BE07 D2E0 301F