What is a cypherpunk?

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Wed Feb 9 16:58:22 PST 2005

    --
James A. Donald wrote:
> > There is nothing stopping you from writing your own
> > operating system, so Linus did.

Eugen Leitl wrote
> Yes. Corporate lawyers descending upon your ass, because you
> -- allegedly -- are in violation of some IP somewhere. See
> you in court.

Corporate lawyers did not descend on Linux until there were
enough wealthy linux users to see them in court, and send in
their own high priced lawyers to give them the drubbing they
deserved.

> > If, however, you decline to pay taxes, men with guns will
> > attack you.

> If you ignore a kkkorporate cease & desist, men with guns
> will get you, too.

You live in a world of your own.

In civil court, the guy with no assets has a huge advantage
over the guy with huge assets -because the guy with huge assets
*cannot* send men with guns to beat him up and put him in jail
- he can only seize the (nonexistent) assets of the guy with no
assets.   So what we instead see is frivolous and fraudulent
lawsuits by people with no assets against big corporations, for
example the silicone scam.

It is in criminal court where the guy with no assets goes
unjustly to jail, and that is the doing of the state, not the
corporation.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     LHaZt4XXRKhPMhtKPS5CggL+KGd7QTAqTuygm1P1
     45bORHg+DoDEtRSoju+baDDEgsaWOIrgPHd/pMAuj