[fc-announce] Transportation, Taxes, and Conference Events

R.A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Mon Feb 7 13:12:06 PST 2005

--- begin forwarded text

From: "Stuart E. Schechter" <ses at ll.mit.edu>
To: "fc-announce at ifca.ai" <fc-announce at ifca.ai>
Subject: [fc-announce] Transportation, Taxes, and Conference Events
Sender: fc-announce-admin at ifca.ai
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 15:12:11 -0500

              IMPORTANT NOTES FOR THOSE ATTENDING FC05

Transportation
==============

   We would like to accommodate attendees with discounted transportation to
and from the airport.  Please fill out the following survey if you would
like to arrange for discounted transportation or give your opinion on
conference activities.  We need your answers this week.

   http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?p=WEB2244SFRHAFQ

Dominica departure tax
======================
  Please note that there is a departure tax of approximately EC$50/US$22
payable at the airport on you way out of Dominica.  You'll be reminded of
the exact figure at the conference.

New York Times article
======================
   Dominica was recently featured in Saturday's New York times.  (Ignore the
red herring of their reference to the Dominican Republic early in the
article.)  It's a great read to get yourself in the mood for your upcoming
trip.
   http://nytimes.com/2005/02/06/travel/06dominica.html?pagewanted=all

[Learn to] Scuba dive
=====================
   Please contact me at stuart.schechter at gmail.com if you are interested in
a discover-scuba social on Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon, if you are
interested in getting a full open water certification on Dominica, or if you
are already certified and want to dive with other attendees.

Registration
   With three weeks to go before the conference registration has already
exceeded our totals from last year by more than 10%.  We're glad to see
you're as excited as we are and we're looking forward to a great conference.

   Best regards

   Stuart Schechter
   General Chair
   Financial Cryptography and Data Security 2005