Tor client over Java LINUX

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 17 12:30:08 PST 2005

>From: "Shawn K. Quinn" <skquinn at speakeasy.net>
>Subject: Re: Tor client over Java LINUX
>Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 22:14:09 -0600
>
>On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 11:41 -0500, Tyler Durden wrote:
> > I recently read that a simple LINUX OS has been written in java.
>
>What exactly do you mean by a "simple LINUX OS"?
>
>Do you mean a port of all or part of GNU to Java? Part of the Linux
>kernel? Both?

Uh...huh? Dunno. I think the Java Linux was able to run some software like
spreadsheets and whatnot.

>The answers to the rest of the questions vary quite a bit depending on
>what exactly you meant. This is part of the reason *why* referring to
>both the kernel and OS as just "Linux" is bad.

Uh...OK. But you can you repeat the part about the things, or thing?

Sorry. Me no speaky linux. Me ex-telecom geek. Ask me about RZ-encoded
solitonic transmission and maybe I'll sound smarter.

On the other hand, it occurs to me one does not necessarily need Linux on
top of Java at all.

How secure would it be to have a Tor client run on top of Java directly?

This way, no matter what computer one were on, it should be fairly easily to
pull down the "portable cone of silence" from a site somewhere and start
doing your business.

-TD