test of minder remailer

Gregory Hicks ghicks at cadence.com
Mon Aug 29 08:43:20 PDT 2005

> Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 09:39:49 -0400
> From: "Trei, Peter" <ptrei at rsasecurity.com>
>
> It looks like the minder remailer is under attack - I've
> gotten about 20 messages with little or not content,
> and a small zip file attached.

Don't feel picked on.  I've noticed about 20/day...  About 220 since
Aug 19th.

Symptoms are:

A "Content-Type: application/x-compressed;" size of 0 or 8 bytes.
File, so far, is ALWAYS a .zip with names like "payment.zip",
"funny.zip", "account-details.zip", "test.zip"...  May have some text
designed to get you to open the .zip...

The message is supposed to be from your ISP complaining about your
account.

Personally, I think it is a virus with a 'bug' because my virus
filters have caught about the same number with much larger payloads.

Regards,
Gregory Hicks

> PT

Gregory Hicks                        | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems               | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1          | Fax:      408.894.3400
San Jose, CA 95134                   | Internet: ghicks at cadence.com

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin