[declan at well.com: [Politech] Montana Supreme Court justice warns Orwell's 1984 has arrived [priv]]

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 23 13:14:16 PDT 2005

Supposedly, the tobacco companies have had commercial marijuana products
ready forever (I've even seen photos, but I always suspected they were
doctored up stoner's dreams).
The idea that the pharmaceutical companies would start actively researching
new designer drugs is fascinating and scary...wait, scratch that "scary",
because it can't be scarier than drug-related crime in the US.

The New York Times Magazine had a fascinating story years back on the US's
marijuana industry. it's apparently the #2 export crop and US pot technology
is in some cases extremely, uh, high. They described growers with strings of
apartments in various US states connected with sesnors to the internet. If
any of the apartments showed signs of entry, the grower would never return.
(Each apartment supposedly had low levels of crops to fly under certain
state laws if they were ever caught.) No doubt some of those growers are
good customers of RSA products!

-TD