[declan at well.com: [Politech] Montana Supreme Court justice warns Orwell's 1984 has arrived [priv]]

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 21 09:53:15 PDT 2005

Holy Fuck we need some smarter people in this society.

OK, you threw away your trash. I see no inherent reason why someone else
can't grab it. But INFORMATION about you isn't trash. Then again, you do
"throw away" the photons that exit through your windows, so I guess cops
should be able to stare at you through binoculars all the time and haul you
in based on the photons you've thrown away.

Oh, and to take it further, police should have immediate, un-warranted
access to the "trashcan" on your computer, at all times. Indeed, there
should be a registry that constantly monitors what you're throwing away,
because it's just (digital) trash, right?

As for crystal meth, I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but if I want
to pour something from my chemistry set down my throat that shouldn't be
anybody's business. The fact that it doesn't accidentally kill me and indeed
gives me a buzz shouldn't be the sole provence of the pharmaceutical
companies. After that, if you want to make laws about selling the stuff well
that's a different matter.

-TD