[Clips] Finger points to British intelligence as al-Qaeda websites are wiped out

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 2 09:03:21 PDT 2005

Actually, I did know that 300Mb/sec isn't super-huge for Denial of Service
attacks at least, but this is an "obscure" Tor node. Someone attacking it at
this stage in the game has a real agenda (perhaps they want to see if
certain websites get disrupted? Does Tor work that way for short-ish periods
of time?)

At 4Gb/s into the router, I'd guess that router is hooked up to 2 GbEs
mapped over a pair of OC-48s (Sounds a lot like the architecture Cisco has
sold certain GbE-centered Datapipe providers.) Your attacker might actually
be interested in pre-stressing the infrastructure in front of that router.

Just a guess, but I'm "stupid" after all.

-TD