EncFS

cypherpunk cyphrpunk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 15:44:15 PDT 2005

A remailer posted about EncFS. Gerow quoted the first paragraph and
added the criticism that it doesn't do locking. Dixon saw the quoted
first paragraph, which said that the link to the program was "below".
And indeed, it was below, in the first message from the remailer. It
included this link, http://arg0.net/users/vgough/encfs.html. But Dixon
apparently didn't understand the notion of quoting partial messages in
a mailing list conversation. He just saw the part about the link being
"below", and in Gerow's message there was no such link. So he
complained: there was nothing "below". But Gerow misunderstood, he
though Dixon was commenting about EncFS's locking mechanisms. So Gerow
responded as below, adding to the confusion.

Honestly, I don't know how you people generate enough brain power to
keep yourselves alive.

CP