WebMoney

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Sat Apr 23 14:40:12 PDT 2005

At 11:42 AM 4/23/2005, James A. Donald wrote:
>A procedure that was, of course, anonymous.  You
>probably made a deposit in cash.

Yes, of course :-)  Writing a check would have been silly,
and Goldage.net doesn't accept them for bank deposits,
only for direct mailin.  (They do accept bank wires,
but not EFTs or Paypal.)
I suppose I probably did use the ATM
outside the bank to get the cash I carried in to deposit,
but there were a dozen people in the bank line
and this wasn't a really high-security transaction.

>Pecunix does not require true name information -
>merely an email account at which you are
>capable of receiving mail - preferably PGP mail.

Goldage, which I used to buy the pecunix,
doesn't use accounts, but they do need an email address
for handling each transaction.  For larger customers
who handle a lot of volume, they can provide some
frequent-customer information so you can get better rates and speed,
but it's still not an account that stores value.
I don't remember if I used the same account for the
goldage and pecunix parts of the transaction,
or if I used disposable accounts for one or both.