How to fuck with airports - a 1 step guide for (Redmond) terrorists.

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Tue Sep 28 23:28:16 PDT 2004

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 03:06:54PM -0700, Bill Stewart wrote:

> Either way, if they knew the system was going to crash every 49.7 days,
> and they had a process to have a technician reboot it every 30 days,

If I knew somebody delivered me a mission critical system like that,
I'd sue.

The system required a human in the loop to periodically do action XY, or it
would reliably fail? And the system before didn't? And it wasn't there as a
fallback?

The mind boggles. Even more interesting: how many heads have rolled due to
this?